Experienced content manager, writer, editor and social media marketing professional.
- Content Strategy
- Content Management
- Copy writing
- Copy editing
- Social Media Marketing
- Community Management
- Project Management
Director of Content, ONTRAPORT
October 2012 - present
- Create, spearhead and implement content marketing strategy for fast-growing, Inc. 500 ranked software startup.
- Manage editorial calendar, including content for in-house writers, guest authors, and guest posts.
- Write and publish compelling client-facing content, including feature articles, blog posts, two weekly email newsletter, sales and business development emails, landing pages, website content, and more.
- Develop ONTRAPORT brand voice; created style guide to ensure voice, tone, spelling and grammar conventions remained consistent.
- Project manager for ONTRAPORT website and online magazine revamp and relaunch.
Social Media Strategist, Vitamin Angels
January 2012 - June 2012
- Strategized social media content plan/editorial schedule for nonprofit organization working to eradicate child malnutrition.
- Worked closely with Marketing, Programs, and Development teams to share breaking news, field stories, partner spotlights, and sponsorship/fundraising updates.
- Collaborated with Development to build social media partnerships with corporate sponsors.
- Built buzz around fundraising and recognition events.
Content/Website Manager, Turkish Women's Initiative
November 2009 - February 2012
- Designed, developed, and wrote all content for website Turkish Women’s Initiative, a nonprofit organization designed to promote economic and social empowerment of Turkish women.
- Worked closely with founders to develop Turkish Women’s Initiative visual brand and editorial voice throughout website and all print materials.
Content Manager, Party City
November 2009 - November 2010
- Created blog and article-style format for launch of editorial content on Party City ecommerce site. Collaborate with content team on branded editorial voice and lifestyle photography.
- Managed team of twenty freelancer writers and copyeditors.
- Created and evolved theme guide assignment overview, style guide, writing templates, voice and branding instructions.
Content Manager, ePlay
August 2008 - September 2009
- Managed a team of ten writers, both in-house and freelance.
- Conceptualized and maintained three blogs. Oversaw and set schedules for design and development of blogs, as well as recruited writers.
- Within a three-month period, Televicious and Future Gossip just trailed the home site in traffic, and grew a loyal readership, due to best SEO practices and social media bookmarking.
- Wrote compelling entertainment copy for main site.
- Managed design and development of main site as well as in-house content management system.
M.F.A. Creative Nonfiction, St. Mary's College of CA
2006 - 2008
B.A., English Literature, University of California, Berkeley
2000 - 2004